Top 5 Must Have Eyeshadow Palettes
The Budget Friendly Palette:
Morphe 25A Copper Spice Eyeshadow Palette $17.99 ( .71¢ per shadow)
Quality: I don’t think you will ever find an eyeshadow of this high quality at such a low-price point! Their mattes are just as good as their shimmers, which is saying a lot! The colors of this palette are so versatile for different looks. You can go from day to night with just an eyeshadow change or two. Most of the shades have a warm yellow/golden undertone to them. It is a very warm palette in general. If you are someone who prefers cool tones shades switch to this palettes sister the Bronzed Mocha.
Fall Out: Medium amount of fallout. Mostly on the matte colors although they are pigmented they do have a bit of a fallout when you are applying them. Once they are on though you will not have to worry about them falling under your eyes as the day goes on.
- If you are someone who loves a neutral or brown eyeshadow look this is for you. It is the one step up to take you outside your comfort zone for a beautiful result.
- Great for African American skin tones ,because of the undertones and the shimmers which will just make your eyes pop!
- Young Teens and Adults. If you are looking for the perfect gift for someone who is into makeup, this would be great and at a low price point.
The Instagram Ready Palette:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette $42.00 ( $3 per shadow)
Quality: When this first came out I didn’t jump on the band wagon. But as I started to experiment more with eyeshadows I realized I really liked pinks, reds and oranges to make my green eyes pop…which led to this ending up in my shopping cart. And boy did this palette not disappoint! I don’t think I have tried such creamy and pigmented shadow as these.(Dupe for these shadows is Makeup Geek) They last forever and somehow blend like a dream. I reach for this palette more than I ever thought I would. It is filled with tons of color combo or just to use one as a crease color.
Fall Out: Small amount of fall out. I notice only a small amount of fall out on the shadows Cyprus Umber and Antique Bronze.
- If you are ready to play with color. This is really a bright toned palette. If you are not into more brighter tones or worried about what to do with a bright pink and orange shadow, than I would say go spend your money on another palette.
- Green and Hazel eyes. These colors no matter how many I use always make my eyes look crazy bright in photos.
- Matte Eyeshadow Lover. This palette is filled with mostly mattes so if you are willing to work with the colors and love a matte, these are so worth the money.
The Most Universal Palette:
Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette $49.00 ($2.72 per shadow)
I know everyone loves all the Chocolate Bar Palettes, but I just don’t get it. There is nothing special in the colors and I just don’t need that many of a similar color brown. I also find that they do not blend as well as this palette.
Quality: This palette is universally loved for a reason. It just has a bit of everything in it, it the calmest way. There are pops of color, but not too bright. Warm and cool neutrals, crease blending colors, and a few dark ones to smoke an eye out or with a wet brush use as liner.
Fall Out: Medium to High Fallout. I would say with this palette it is very powdery, so do your eyeshadow before you do your face makeup. The mattes have more fall out than the shimmers when applying. Once the eyeshadow is on it will not fall out. If you do have oily eye lids or wear this in the summer when it is hot these shadows never budge. One small advantage to the powdery formula.
- Everyone! This is one of the most universal palettes. It will look awesome one any skin tones, eye color and level of experience.
- It is probably the only non-boring neutral non neutral palette (did that make sense?). If you are looking to invest in one eyeshadow palette that has it all look at this one.
- Brown eyes look especially good with this palette as well.
The Softer Side Palette:
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette $54.00 ($4.50 per shadow)
Quality: I have always enjoyed the quality of the UD Naked 1 – 3 Palettes (The Naked Smokey is terrible). Their shimmer shadows just blend so beautifully but still stay high impact on the color. Now this palette is a rose tones neutral palette. It is a bit softer and sweeter than the Naked 1 & 2. It has a good break down of shimmers, mattes, highlight colors and a few dark colors to smoke a look out or with a wet brush use as liner.
Fall Out: Low – Medium Fall Out. I only find on the three end dark shades that I have fall out.
- Blue eyes, the rose gold tones really make blue eyes stand out. Especially if you use a good black mascara and liner. The contrast is beautiful.
- Pale Skin, A lot of bright colorful shadows can show up crazy bright on pale skin (like clown bright!) these are soft enough to add some color to you but not bright enough to look clownish.
- Mature Skin, a lot of mature woman have a struggle with eyeshadow because they either think it is all too bright or young looking (both lies) on them. But also if you do not have tight eyelids you worry that the shadow with look cracked or accentuate wrinkles. This palette is where you should begin if you are worries about those issues.
The Updated Neutrals Palette:
NARS NARSissist Loaded Eyeshadow Palette $59.00 ($4.91 per shadow)
Quality: I am sadly obsessed with blushes and eyeshadows from NARS (why must you be so expensive!!). I am not sure what they are doing with their formulation but it just doesn’t get better. As much as I love their mattes for being so blendable, there is just something about their shimmers. They last forever and really make your eyes pop when you put them on. For more intensity, use a wet brush to apply the shimmers. This palette is an updated neutrals palette. With warm and cool browns, some shimmers and mattes and a few dark colors to smoke a look out. Plus, NARS Palettes cases are awesome for travel they are so sturdy with a great mirror
Fall Out: Low. The only color I noticed fall out with is the dark black and brown with using to make an eye out.
- African American Skin. A lot of times neutral colors can wash you out or not even show up on a darker skin. These show up beautifully on darker skin tone, especially the shimmers.
- Neutral Lover. If you know you automatically fall in love with a brown eyeshadow or a neutral look, you need this palette, it will fulfill all your dreams.